AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specs.....

- 19x19x18.5 are the outside dimensions

- box is approx 2.6 cu.ft tuned to about 40Hz.

- TC2000 15" driver

- LT/1300 plate amp

This is my sealed sub that will sit right behind my row of berklines in my Home Theater room. It will run 40Hz to maybe 120Hz and Im hoping it solves my null between 40 and 50Hz.

Have the wood and Im about to cut and make the box today. I dont care about the finish, its hidden so I will just paint the box flat black.

I might be able to finish it in a couple of days if I get working on it now...pics to follow.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well 6 hours later, I finished it.

I think I lost about 10 pounds in the heat doing this!!

No leaks at all so I drilled to very small holes in the back to make sure the pressure is always good.

Finish quality is about a grade D
Nothing new for me with these boxes, Im too impatience with the finish job because Im always thinking I will hide the behind speaker cloth, in-walls behind couches, etc.

I wont run measurements until I can get it into position, I dont have a 30 foot subwoofer cable yet but I did plug it in and run it with my others subs...Non-EQed, I would say not that bad.

NOTE: please ignore if you dont want to read about my amp output stuff just more stuff on why does it always happen to me!!!!

I have to keep it turned down compared to my twin ported subs because its SPL level is much higher with the LT/13000 vs the FACE F1200TS even though the power output is similar. You know that old LFE output sensitivity issue.

I have the FACE amp dial 100% and the LT/1300 at around 60% to get equal type of output.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Lets post some BIGGER pics!!!!

As for the build quality...looks JUST like mine!!

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, SMALLER pics hide more flaws

I actually shrink my pics online using shrinkpictures.com so they load faster.

I can not wait to get this little beast behind my chairs!!!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I wanted to see bigger pictures of the room...this is the first glimpse I have gotten of your two awesome subs!!!

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have my twin sub thread......there was some build pics there

....all shrunk down though...I guess I shrunk them too much.

Room isnt done though, I have to put up the fabric on all walls. Room treatments are done so Im almost there.

After that, its on too my 3 Way main speaker build

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updated pic with a better finish, also with laminate and trim around the top so I can use it as an end table.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Just out of curiousity, why did you port the fronts but build a sealed unit for the back? I thought that they should all be one or the other? Or is this a fairly common thing to do?

By the way, those subs look really nice. During a party, you could probably shoot some color changing LED lights on those things and their movements would make the room look and sound like a dance club!

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Good work on the cabinet...hey why all the dusty sourround! I use some Pledge and whipe the sourround on my TC Sounds drivers...gives that brand new clean look.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
I use some Pledge and whipe the sourround on my TC Sounds drivers...gives that brand new clean look.

Thanks for the suggestion, the dust is from when it was in the room when I was still doing the trim (lots dust then) I have wiped almost everything down but Im still missing some things like that sub.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Just out of curiousity, why did you port the fronts but build a sealed unit for the back? I thought that they should all be one or the other? Or is this a fairly common thing to do?

My two front ported subs are awesome but I had a null @ around 47Hz. I can not move the ported subs to fix the null so the only other solution is to add another sub. I do not like monster boxes in my room that I can not hide so a small sealed sub that only does down to 30Hz was an option. The bonus now is that it works well as an end table and as a sub.

Overall Im still tweaking the entire system so I do not have final measurements.

Quote:
By the way, those subs look really nice. During a party, you could probably shoot some color changing LED lights on those things and their movements would make the room look and sound like a dance club!

hehe, I have several laser lights actually that I use during New Years parties and you are right they would look cool... I will have to try that out at some point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts