AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be setting up my teac in the bedroom soon(2 channel),but need to get the speakers.I wont be using a sub.I am asking for opinions please. I'm presently looking into the era D4's, Cambridge audio 30's i believe and the energy rc10.Any experience or opinion would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately cannot audition so i will be relying on replies.thanks

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I used to have a teac ag-500 (those things are so cool) powering a pair of B&W 602's and it was OK at moderate volumes - just good enough to tease me into wanting to turn it up a little louder than it was able to go.

While the era's are by far my favorite speaker listed (bias alert, I own d5's) I worry that they may not be sensitive enough for that power supply, I might go with the RC10's.

Ron

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about that as well.I was really interested in the d4's since to my understanding they will deliver better bass, since i wont be using a sub.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1 /forum/post/19582474

I thought about that as well.I was really interested in the d4's since to my understanding they will deliver better bass, since i wont be using a sub.

Are the D5's too big? They are a little more efficient, I'd also look at NHT Absolute 2's.

That will be a fun little system at low/moderate volumes in a small room. After some thought I realize that I had mine set up on the second floor of a very large vaulted ceilinged room - it's likely your arrangement will work better than mine did.

Ron

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the d5's are probably too big(have a wife),and more expensive as well.I should of stated this before but i will be going the used route for the speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.