AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some small waveguide builds that are based on a 6.5" or similar sized midrange driver? Something good to about 60-80hz?

I know Zilch on audiokarma is working on something special.

I checked Zaph's site, but all he has is the 2.5 waveguide build which is too large for my upcoming project for a friend. Does anyone else have a small two way waveguide build in the works, or already completed? Something like a 1 cu.ft. or smaller build?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! I figure something like this would also work well as a rear channel speaker for my own h/t.

·
Registered
26,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie /forum/post/16849610

What are some small waveguide builds that are based on a 6.5" or similar sized midrange driver? Something good to about 60-80hz?

I checked Zaph's site, but all he has is the 2.5 waveguide build which is too large for my upcoming project for a friend. Does anyone else have a small two way waveguide build in the works, or already completed? Something like a 1 cu.ft. or smaller build?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! I figure something like this would also work well as a rear channel speaker for my own h/t.

QSC 153i but it has a woofer along with a 6.5" in a waveguide.

·
Registered
21,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie /forum/post/16849610

since you mention audiokarma, i will assume that you have seen the builds there.

18sounds has a groovy little kit that you can build here:
http://www.eighteensound.com/staticC...Sound_kit8.pdf

·
Registered
21,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilchLab /forum/post/16849694

Noodle around here -- 5.25", 6.5", and 8", 0.25, 0.4. and 0.75 cuft respectively:

http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/Genera...x?FId=63&MId=2

the off-axis response for the ac18/95 and even the ac18/26 look crazy good.

i don't know if i could support a single 8" though. the ac28/95 thus comes into focus. what the heck is filtered array technology (aka FAT) technology? it is mentioned, but not explained anywhere that i could find.

·
Registered
944 Posts

·
Registered
10,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 /forum/post/16852606

18sounds has a groovy little kit that you can build here:
http://www.eighteensound.com/staticC...Sound_kit8.pdf

That's neat. I was going to mention an 8NMB420 + 1"CD on XT120 as a starting point. I've wanted to try the ND1020 for a while but locally I can only get the 1030 and I have an aversion to Ti diaphragms.

Nice to have an 18Sound datasheet that's not password protected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.