AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an Outlaw LFM-1 Plus (essentially close to HSU VTF2), but it's HUGE. Normally this would be a good thing, but i'm wondering what alternatives are out there (either internet direct or from a mainstream brand) that would be a bit smaller.

The Epik Legend was also on my list, but it doesn't seem to be significantly smaller (only about 3.5" shorter in height). I'm after something that will do well with music as well as movies.

Has anyone compared the A5s-500 or something similar? Are there any good B&M or traditional brands to consider (even at a higher price point)?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the repsonses.

Sigh, the Sunfire is smaller, but doesn't go nearly as low. The Pinnacle seems to fit the bill but is double the price ... lol.

I may just end up keeping the LFM.

·
Banned
2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by intence /forum/post/19614812

Sigh, the Sunfire is smaller, but doesn't go nearly as low. The Pinnacle seems to fit the bill but is double the price ... lol.

Anytime you want to go with a smaller enclosure you can expect to get less performance for a much higher price. It doesn't make sense for any serious audio enthusiast to go this route but to each his own.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by intence /forum/post/0

Just keep it. Trust me. It really is not very big considering it's price and performance. I like how it looks. If your looking for something good for music and movies at this price, this is about the best around.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddelts /forum/post/19614625

A 12" sub is considered huge? Lol.

My first diy speaker project was two 12 inchers with 16hz range tuned ports external of cabinet to maximize internal volume. Wish I kept them, they sounded excellent.

·
Banned
2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughman /forum/post/19615962

My first diy speaker project was two 12 inchers with 16hz range tuned ports external of cabinet to maximize internal volume. Wish I kept them, they sounded excellent.

Now those enclosures are nice. The bigger the better in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughman /forum/post/0

Wow. Much bracing in those? Very cool.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not huge because it's 12". It's huge due to the 21"+ height. Probably it just seems huge right now since it's new in the room. Once I get used to it, it probably won't seem so big.

·
Banned
2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by intence /forum/post/19616406

It's not huge because it's 12". It's huge due to the 21"+ height. Probably it just seems huge right now since it's new in the room. Once I get used to it, it probably won't seem so big.

21" in height is no where near huge for a sub. You are most likely just used to smaller subs in smaller enclosures. Welcome to the world of higher efficiency and better performance.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by intence /forum/post/0

Yeah. Give it time. Enjoy the sub. The smaller subs are a compromise and the sub is the last place you want a weak link in your system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts