AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my old home theater speakers. I would like some decent speakers that aren't huge, I prefer the the look of smaller speakers in my setup. Any recommendations for some smaller wall mountable speakers? Not looking for the best speakers in the world, just best bang for the buck kind of quality.

·
Registered
756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassage  /t/1472591/smaller-speakers#post_23311469

Looking to replace my old home theater speakers. I would like some decent speakers that aren't huge, I prefer the the look of smaller speakers in my setup. Any recommendations for some smaller wall mountable speakers? Not looking for the best speakers in the world, just best bang for the buck kind of quality.

What do you consider small? And do you have a budget?

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Also your room size, and how far seating is from the front speakers would be helpful.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louquid  /t/1472591/smaller-speakers#post_23311493

What do you consider small? And do you have a budget?

Small, I guess would be something no more than 18 inches across. Would like to keep the price at less than $100 per speaker, not counting the sub. I know that's low as far as speakers go, but it will be fine for me.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman  /t/1472591/smaller-speakers#post_23311724

I suggest that you look at the Polk R150 speakers.

Mount a small shelf on the wall to put them on.

I will look into those, thanks. I also just came across the Onkyo HT-S 9400 HTIB setup that seems to be getting great reviews. I'm also looking to buy a new receiver, so maybe I should consider it.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I have no idea how these speakers review, but was just browsing through accessories4less and saw Boston Acoustics A2310 HTS 5.1 Speaker System for $449 .

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
It's just a tiny bit above your budget (100x5=500), but the Cambridge Audio set might work great for you. They have a much better sound than any of the HTIB or satellite systems mentioned. They're considered by many in the forums as a best bang-for-the-buck speaker at their price point.

S30 pair LR mains $220

S50 center $200

S20 pair surrounds $150

$570 total

Or for budget reasons, you might try using two of your existing speakers (maybe the LR mains sound the best?) as surrounds for a while and just get the S30 pair and the S50 center ($440 initial expenditure).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts