AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, from the title i want to know if any one has done projection via mirrors...

Here is my delema:

Right above the theater room is a bathroom, and I just cant bear the thought of a leak or somthing getting water on the projector right below the main drain that drains the tub and toilet and sink...To get the screen size i need to put the PJ right under this drain line, the water lines also run here.. Every time i think about this i just cringe.

My thought was mount the PJ in a watertight hush box that vents downward so if there is a leak it drips off the bottom edge... not entering the box...

Then I also thought i could mount the projector mor twards the screen and mount two mirrors in a 45 degrees of each other...so the image would then be prokecting twards the screen again... here is my idea...

Any one done this?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just finished up with my wifes cousin doing a mirror set up. It is amazing. The hardest part is getting everything perfectly square to get most of the keystoning out. Other than that, it is the way I would go if I were you and I understand your post correctly. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

If you are under a tight budget, then what you are proposing is going to be tough. Stewart makes a mirror stand that is floor mounted and works great.
http://www.stewartfilm.com/product_i...creens_17.html

It is called the Optikong mirror system and a single mirror system goes for about $5500. We used a dual mirror system due to space restrictions.

This is by far the easiest way to go and a really nice setup.

Ron

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may have to experiment with this, We were thinking about using the mirrored design for a show we did but opted for diffrent zoom lenses for the PJ's, I will try making this with wood and some mirrors see what my results are.

Idealy if i use perfect 45 degree angles, it should work in in theory.

This may "look better too, I actually coul mount the PJ between my joists if I build everything correctly. and just have the lower mirror hangin from the ceiling.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've done a mirror setup, but am only bouncing the picture off of one mirror. Although, in your situation I think it might be better to use a drip pan instead. If I could have mounted my projector on the ceiling I certainly would have.

Here is a link to the thread with pictures of my setup:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4&pagenumber=3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.