AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new digital camera. I took a couple of screen shots. I will post better ones as I develop more skills with the camera. In the meantime, I have updated my webpage with new pics. Go there for screen shots.

Gus

·
Registered
149 Posts
I knew before I clicked that you would be out of data transfer when I saw Geocities..WHy not upload some of em here ?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you please tell me how?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Woops when you use the image control it simply creates a URL so I apologize their is no way I know of to upload pictures to this server other than as part of your personal profile.

You could create a web server on your PC and link to them that way.

That at least I might be helpful with...

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Gus, what a cool web site! Thanks for sharing it.

Dan

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see that it is working now!

Gus

·
Registered
813 Posts
"Data Transfer" issues, try again.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its working now

Gus

·
Registered
156 Posts
Gus,

I have the 11HT as well. I have been holding off doing any calibration such as SMART because it looks like it is somewhat complicated.

What is your impression of the calibration process in terms of ease of use?

Do you really notice the difference when you're through?

_______

Rick

P.S. I still can't access your web site - data transfer access issues

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rick, SMART is pretty easy to do. You will get good results.

I don't know what the deal is with the webpage.:confused:

Gus

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Das444
Gus

Web page works and HT system looks great! Looks like I"ll have to order Smart too!
Thanks Das. SMART works pretty good. I enjoy dark movies more now.

Gus

·
Premium Member
24,830 Posts
Gus,

The images are gorgeous. I see no screendoor and the blacks look great. It doesn't look that good in person, right?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by noah katz
Gus,

The images are gorgeous. I see no screendoor and the blacks look great. It doesn't look that good in person, right?
Actually, I think it looks awesome in person. :D

Gus

·
Registered
264 Posts
Gus,

Your experiences with the 11HT, along with my research and a 10HT audition, are what have led me to purchase an 11HT within the next month for our HT room. Drywall is currently going up (will be soon) and we're nearing the home stretch.

I know you've mentioned it before, but what type of screen are you using? I'm looking at a Da-Lite Cinemavision High Contrast 120" screen... Have any opinion on that combination of gain/size?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chris,

I have a 133" ( diag) 16 X 9 Da-lite permwall. Thats 1.1 gain damat. So far, it works great.

Gus

·
Registered
606 Posts
Gus,

Nice pics --> esp. good one of the Boston "skyline" with your wife standing in the commons!!

Anywho... those are some GREAT screen shots. How do you like that CC40 and SmartII? I have a 10HT, and am considering ording the CC30 or 40 and doing the SMART II. The more I watch my system, the more I realize that red is way too hot... so I need some calibration. Did it make a dramatic improvement to your setup?

-coop

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Coop. The CC40R is working great. SMART II helped me balance the colors after having added the CC40R to what they were before. Most signifficant is the detail in dark scenes. Also waaay improved is the color red, which before seemed to look a bit too orange. Now I get deep, vivid reds. I deffinitely recommend it.

Gus

·
Registered
758 Posts
I took a few screen shots of my SMART calibrated 11HT. If anyone would like to see them, I posted them on this thread....

My 11HT Screen Shots Thread

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.