AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
810 Posts
Thanks! Very nice to have the info.

Correct to assume all of these are IP gateways with some sort of "open" interface for 3rd party control?

·
Registered
340 Posts
out of these smart hubs which is everyone using and are you having good success? Also is anyone using these with iRule?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
out of these smart hubs which is everyone using and are you having good success? Also is anyone using these with iRule?
I'm using Vera, and I have had good success with it. I have around 40 or so z-wave devices. I have just started with iRule and have integrated it a little with Vera (using http calls, not the ViRule Vera module, so I didn't have to pay additional for that integration). I'm only controlling one Vera/Z-wave dimmer light with iRule, however.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nice. You could add ISY. Iris is 99 on the Lowes site. Also would be good to see which require cloud connection, which support open api, custom scripting, and monthly fee.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the SmartThings Hub but my neighbor just picked up a Wink. Is there a Wink forum or Wink user group on the net somewhere to help him?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice comparison!

You should check out Zipabox from Zipato also, it is rather new to the market and not all that developed yet, but looks really promising. I'm also surprised that you don't have Home Center from Fibaro on your list!

Another thing to look for is KNX compatibility. It is a widespread standard for smart home integration and supported by many electric hardware manufacturers all over the world!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts