Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Determing whether or not i should make the plunge and get this Smart III calibration and the added filter. My question is, there are 3 different filters to choose from the CCR30R-Resin, CCR40R-Resin, and the CCR40R-Glass. Does anyone know which one works best or do you need all 3? And if you get a certain one what would the other 2 be used for?

Thanks,

Digital

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
For the HS10, the only filter that is now available are the glass filters. The resin filters are for the Sony 10/11/12HT series.

Our tests indicate that most HS-10's will be best served with a CC40R filter, so that is what is available as part of the SMART III calibration bundle. Of course, if you get the 40R glass filter and you decide you'd rather have a CC30R glass , we're always happy to exchange it a no charge.

Please PM me or send me an email to [email protected] if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I got the square 4" x 4" resin (?) CC40R filter with my Smart III and stuck it onto the lens cover with 4 small pieces of electrical tape (a tip I got from Builty). It works great.

[edit] they are more like 3" x 3" square... [/edit]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the added filter improve picture quality?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
DigitalWeiner, it certianly does. Have a search around here and you'll find plenty of details inlcuding screen shots that I posted comparing no filter/stock filter/CC40R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.