AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using Bob Sorel's great instructions (search "ripping 101") I have ripped about a dozen of my favorite DVD's to hard drive and so far all work great except one. It's a music based DVD called Dreamtheater Metroplis. When I attempt to rip it using Smart Ripper I get tons of block errors and then at about 9% complete Smart Ripper just locks up. I have changed some of the options in teh app but same result every time. Anyone have any ideas...?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
barco508 - I was looking at DVDdecrypter and though I would give it a try myself, good idea.

gg_YF21 - Per the suggestion from Bob Sorel I installed Force ASPI but did not do the Adaptec ASPI driver. Do I need the Adaptec ASPI drive with Force on a Windows XP Pro build...? I did notice when SmartRipper examines the disc it see some of the files as rippable with ASPI and others with Win something or other.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard_P_Harvey
barco508 - I was looking at DVDdecrypter and though I would give it a try myself, good idea.

gg_YF21 - Per the suggestion from Bob Sorel I installed Force ASPI but did not do the Adaptec ASPI driver. Do I need the Adaptec ASPI drive with Force on a Windows XP Pro build...? I did notice when SmartRipper examines the disc it see some of the files as rippable with ASPI and others with Win something or other.
i'd just use the adaptec drivers. they no longer require an adaptec product to be installed in the system (never a problem for me, adaptec SCSI card installed).

then just use ASPI reading the settings tab. it's much faster than normal reading, as it will fetch the CSS codes ahead of time. this way, you won't have to wait for the codes to be searched for during the rip process.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.