AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to create a little excerpt from The Matrix, to use as a trailer. I was trying to rip chapter 32. It works fine - except that I was trying to figure out if I could cut down the size at all. It's 3 minutes, about 118 MB. There's a "white rabbit" feature in this chapter, so I was thinking that some of the cells (not that I know what a 'cell' is) would be specifically for the special features. I was hoping to be able to exclude some of the cells (there are 10).

Anyone know if it's possible to exclude any cells, and if so, which ones?

I guess another maybe easier question - does anyone have an actual .vob trailer from The Matrix?

Thanks!

Mike

------------------

Join the NYC-area HT club! Send me e-mail!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't know about your technical questions using SmartRipper, but I do have the actual Matrix trailer in VOB format (ripped it from a Total Movie DVD).

The problem is, I don't know how I can get the ~50MB file to you. I am currently researching free file-hosting sites to put large graphics files...

I'll post in this thread what I find out (unless you have a better idea).

-Mike

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Mike,

After highlighting the chapter you want, click on the "none" button at the bottom of the vob list so that they are all unchecked. Then just check the cell you want on the right without checking the rest. Check the size and time to see if it looks correct. Be sure to check in the streaming tab, only the top video box and one sound track of your choice like 6CH or SDDS. Uncheck the others. Rip it and play it back with the ATI File Player or whatever to see if you got the right one. You don't need any of those extra files shown in the Setup tab. I uncheck them all. I keep the directory where the file is saved to open and keep going back and forth playing and ripping, until I found what I want.

I use VobSplitter to remove as much off the front or back as I need, to trim it down if necessary. Good luck.

Carey

------------------

My forever in-progress Home Theatre

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeSerrano:

The problem is, I don't know how I can get the ~50MB file to you. I am currently researching free file-hosting sites to put large graphics files...
Have you looked at http://www.kazaa.com ? It's like a napster-replacement - except that it also has video files. Like Napster, I can't imagine it'll last, as there's tons of copywright stuff there. But you could use it to share your Matrix trailer, and if you were logged on say tonight, I could download it.

Mike

------------------

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carey -

Thanks for the vobsplitter suggestion. I'll give it a try later.

As far as the cells go, I've tried including and excluding some of them, but it's pretty confusing. The part where the 'white rabbit' is supposed to appear (if you know what that is from owning the Matrix DVD), there seem to be *many* cells that are needed there to prevent any kind of skipping from happening at that point. I guess I can just keep trying different cells, it's just a bit tedious.

Mike

------------------

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Mike,

Yes I have the Matrix. I am not an expert in this area,but believe the cells are like overlays allowing several functions in that same area of the disk. If you rip many at once, I think you only get to see one of them anyway, with a normal file player (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The different functionality would be lost and be a waste of space. You want to try one cell at a time. It is a pain if you are looking for something deeply buried.

I meant to say before you need to have the particular "Angle" highlighted for the chapter you want, and choose the cell. But you probably already know that.

Carey

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Have you looked at http://www.kazaa.com ?
Sorry, but my "online schedule" has been erratic as of late... so I doubt we could make that work.

And I just thought you might want to know that the trailer is 1.33:1... I don't know if that makes a difference to you.

I'm still searching for reliable file hosting, so I'll post here if I figure something out.

-Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.