AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
I got mine Friday and while it's not the gem of my HD collection it's a decent transfer none the less.I hadn't seen this movie in years and after watching it, it reminded me while it's one of my favorites.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I got it Saturday. Yes, it looks actually pretty good for its age. I was pleasantly surprised. Universal even formatted the 2 featurettes Anamorphic which they have not been doing. It was alot of fun to watch again and holds up very well. Worth having in my collection definately.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'm not sure why, but my experience is quite the opposite. I am seeing something very wrong with this transfer and would love for some one to confirm. I am seeing bad jaggies all over the place. It looks like a very bad scaling job. I verified all of my components/settings and tried other movies, and it's not my equipment (Matrix, wow!).

Frankly, I am pretty disappointed.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Just watched the extras. Here the segments of the film are encoded properly and look 100% better. It really bites to see what it could have been. This HD DVD has definitely been encoded wrong/bad. Too bad...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Haven't watched it through yet, but sampled a good portion of it last night. Looked very good to me, better than a movie of this vintage/caliber should look (i.e., it's not a restored epic). Didn't notice any jaggies or encoding problems; picture was a tad dark but that's probably the film stock used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.