AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a Radeon 7200LE, 1.4GHz PC with WinDVD and powerstrip set at 1280x720 @72Hz refresh and the up and down and side to side pans just do not seem to be all that smooth. Watching DVD's through MyHD seems to produce smoother pans but that is at 60Hz refresh and I know that 72Hz is supposed to produce better results.

What can I do to get better pans?

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
If you are watching on a large screen you may be seeing the limitations of film. Film is shot at 24fps and no matter how high a refresh rate you use there will still only be 24fps to work with.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
72 Hz is silky smooth on a well configured HTPC using a CRT projector. The problem is with the HTPC, the display or both. The source material is the least of your problems. Most LCD or DLP projectors can't do 72hz properly.

·
Registered
405 Posts
You also need RECLOCK!!! 72Hz is not enough(24*3)......But then reclock only works with Theatertek Zoomplayer and windows Mediaplayer and not with power/winDVD!!! Many DLP PJ can only do 60Hz as otherwise the color wheel speed should vary along with refresh rate....

Make your choise......

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using a Barcographics 808s and I have a 106" screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.