AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wireless member
27,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for recommendations for manufacturers of high quality multi-channel, balanced audio cables - an 8-channel snake - to go from my head end gear to my amp(s). Any suggestions?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have used snakes from different manufacturers, haven't noticed any sound quality difference. Build quality is mostly the same as well. Go to your local pro audio shop and see what they got. Hosa brand generally has good prices, good quality. But I have had no problems with any brands that I have used. There are also many on-line pro audio / musicians shops.

·
Wireless member
27,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike69
I have used snakes from different manufacturers, haven't noticed any sound quality difference. Build quality is mostly the same as well. Go to your local pro audio shop and see what they got. Hosa brand generally has good prices, good quality. But I have had no problems with any brands that I have used. There are also many on-line pro audio / musicians shops.
Is crosstalk a danger with a snake, or is the shielding on the individual pairs sufficient?

·
Registered
609 Posts
No it is not a problem with balanced cable snakes. At least I have never had that problem with them. :) I use them in the recording studio, for live sound, etc. I use unbalanced snakes in the HT with no problems either.

·
Wireless member
27,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike69
No it is not a problem with balanced cable snakes. At least I have never had that problem with them. :) I use them in the recording studio, for live sound, etc. I use unbalanced snakes in the HT with no problems either.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.