AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading this forum for a while so I appologize if I missed an appropriate thread to add this to.

I was looking arround the Snapstream page and noticed that their 3.0 software due out in December looks promising: full screen, EPG, timeshifting. Then I ran across this thread in their forums.

http://discuss2.snapstream.com/vb/sh...p?threadid=686

It sounds to me like the 3.0 software has a good possibility of supporting the Hauppauge PVR cards. That would be great news for me, I love my PVR-PCI but it's seriously lacking in the HT type user interface. I'm hoping (cross-fingers, knock-on-wood) that this is just what I've been looking for. We may finally be able to build our own Tivo/ReplayTV (maybe give M$ Media Center a run for its money).

·
Registered
545 Posts
According to the developers Snapstream will be adding mpeg2 support for the ability to begin watching a show while it is still recording.

Sopport for a hardware encoding card has been discussed and Snapstream has said the it is possible in the future. Right now they have their hands full trying to get their full screen interface up and running.

The new full screen UI is very cool and if it were combined with hardware encoding then I think they would have a winner.

Clay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.