AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,674 Posts
Funny shot at HDNET...and Dan Blather. Now that's funny.

· Premium Member
6,275 Posts
Excellent show again.

Great musical numbers from the cast. The opening bit with Jake and the three Dreamgirls was terrific. The performances in "Deep House Dish" were also fantastic. This cast really has a boatload of multi-versatile talents.

I really enjoyed Maya's "WHAAATT??" impersonation of Kristin's catchphrase and that whole setup of the two friends in wheelchairs bit. Kristin in the chair made it even funnier, that Maya was doing her. And Jake's "NOOOOO..." was perfect as well. It was so funny they did it twice (don't know if it was planned or ad-lib, but it was fabulous), and I was rolling. I replayed it about five times in a row just to hear it again.

The "Stock Footage Awards" and Jake's failed attempt to plant a big one on Kristin's Jane Pauley was great.

Honestly, the show has really changed over the past month or two (probably starting with the Alec Baldwin show) and is genuinely creative and funny. Hilarious, even. No more clunker skits (or very very few, anyway).

Maya's Whitney Houston is always a riot.

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was flipping around, but the parts I caught were funny.

· Premium Member
6,261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo /forum/post/0

Well, I guess I am in the minority. I thought it was about average for SNL, which means that the news was good and one or two other decent moments.

I agree with you the news was good along with the open a about 1 or 2 other segments.

· Registered
9,911 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber /forum/post/0

Great musical numbers from the cast. The opening bit with Jake and the three Dreamgirls was terrific. The performances in "Deep House Dish" were also fantastic. This cast really has a boatload of multi-versatile talents.

I didn't watch the entire program, but JG's opening was great, as well as the DHD bit. And Maya's 'Whitney' is always spot-on
. What segments I did see were hilarious last night, and SNL hasn't been funny in a long time.

· Registered
673 Posts
Sadly, I missed the first 15-20 minutes. For me, the remainder of the show didn't quite live up to the standards set by the previous episodes this season.

Then again, the Dan Rather and Jane Pauley impersonations were spot-on and the highlight of the last hour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.