AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is off topic, since SNL is not in HD, but I had to post something!

On the SNL for tonite, Ashlee Simpson was the musical guest, and in a great "live TV moment", the wrong music/song started playing (the first one she did on the show), and she was unprepared. It looked like the music (the band) and the lyrics were on tape - she was just another lipsyncer...not that I am surprised. She walked off the stage, the band continued playing (or pretending to play), and then the music changed and it may have been live after that point.

Anyway, I had to laugh...

·
Registered
334 Posts
I saw that!...what a funny sight, to hear her "canned"vocals while she stood there, dumbfounded at first because the wrong song was being played, then to see her run off stage was the icing on the cake!Wonder if the West coast edition will be edited?

·
Registered
852 Posts
here are a bunch of links to the file that is going to be seen by everyone :D

http://www.drunxor.com/d/ashlee.htm

I think the first one is the best quality. You can really she her country hoe down dancing stlye in full effect

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
oh that's so pathetic...

so now we have to wonder how many other SNL acts have faked it? :( :(

what's even worse is the audio engineer is probably fired because the friggin girl cant sing her own songs :(

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
On the first or second song? On the first song there was clearly a voice track playing at the same time her real (off key) voice was heard. An accident, presumably, because there's no way they wanted us to hear her ****** voice to begin with. About 20 seconds into the song they drop her voice completely and now it sounds just like the studio version. Of course, she lip-synchs the rest of the way through the song.

http://www.csupomona.edu/~jamulligan/asimpsonsucks.wmv

The tracks in this wmv are reversed, btw...you need to get near the end to see her first song.

-from another forum

·
Registered
852 Posts
It will be super lame of them if they deleted those vocals on the west coast to help her backup her lie that it was the bands fault which seems to be the case

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'd heard about that but the video clips make it all clear.

I DO wonder what the fallout will be. I've certainly played tracks for people to lip sync to and the fear that it'll be the wrong track is ever-present.

But, in SNL's defense, her handlers should have prepared her for such an event.

If you swim with the millys, someday you gonna get vanillied!

CW

·
Banned
10,928 Posts
Her Father attributes her need to lip sync to a hoarse voice caused by severe acid reflux. I suggest Ashlee start eating better or she might have BIG problems by the time she's pushing 50!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah, that's probably it. I KNEW it had to be something ;)

CW

·
Registered
384 Posts
i don't think there will be any fallout ... people seem to be too comfortable with the fact that so many pop stars lip sync nowadays. Just talking with my wife and my friends (who are also music nuts) and they don't seem to be too concerned.

it pisses me off pretty bad ... there are too many good artists who write, and play, their own music and here these hacks are stealing all the glory.

but when it comes down to it ... it's an industry focused on making money ... not providing good, timeless music for people.

so in the meantime, I'll just laugh at her screw up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.