AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am interested in picking up the best Snowboard bluray disc out there. Do you guys recommend any or know of a place where I can even look through titles online? Not sure where to start.

I'm wanting an all around high quality production shot just for bluray with HD cameras. (no old DVD converted to blurays)

Any other forums where I can ask this question? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Good question. I'm interested too.

P.S. I would like a disc with lots of boarding footage and as little filler as possible. I HATE watching some boarder guy guzzling beer at the local pub, or extended footage of the local ski-town, but so many of those videos include lots of that stuff.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy /forum/post/15582498

Good question. I'm interested too.

P.S. I would like a disc with lots of boarding footage and as little filler as possible. I HATE watching some boarder guy guzzling beer at the local pub, or extended footage of the local ski-town, but so many of those videos include lots of that stuff.

Here is the best one by far that I've found... Looks excellent...
http://www.thatsit-thatsall.com/

Reviews say half Discovery Earth and half the most awesome snowboard footage ever created. And it was shot in HD.

·
Registered
17,106 Posts
Is this a BR? I went to the website, but did not see if this was available in BR. Looks great though!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All you gotta do is search the title + bluray at google. You can get it at amazon for cheap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The move does seem to be to digital now for shred movies, with even DVD being passed for iTunes download, but Blu is best - if you have any interest in this genre, get That's it Thats all for sure. Mind blowing riding and cinematography. (Also checkout NowHere and The Storming from 2010, but nothing competes with the Travis Rice movie)

Also, the sequel, Art Of Flight is coming confirmed for Blu-Ray and arriving this September. Search "Art of Flight" on YouTube. If that doesn't get you lusting for the white stuff, nothing will.

I have started logging all Blu-Ray releases on my own site, snowboardingfilms.net

Thanks, sorry to bump an old thread, but this genre on Blu-ray is only now starting to pick up.

Declaration of interest : I'm the guy who created and updated snowboardingfilms.net. I thought this might be of genuine interest, it was to me, which is why I started the project. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts