AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to throw out the very short notice to you guys (especially mad dog, curtis and others) that this sunday everybody is invited over to my place if they want to hear the Onix Ref 2's and 1's, maybe a A/B of the Omage and whatever you guys want to bring over and just some casual listening.

What time is good for everybody??

Any interest in this??

Aaron

·
Registered
198 Posts
not sure if it is possible, but i would still love to hear u guys make a direct comparison bet/ the ref(1's or 2's) and the axiom m(60's or 80's). also, since i ended up purchasing the ref 1's (which r absolutely awesome btw), i hope to read what u feel the main differences bet/ the 1's and 2's r (especially if u r running a sub with them). the 2's were never in my budget, but it was hard for me to imagine too big of a difference and would love to hear what u think.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually posted a review of the two on here a few months ago. If you search for it i'm sure it would come up.

I had the option to return the Ref 2 and just get another set of Ref 1's (since I have a pair for my surround's) and have some extra cash for a perpetual DAC or something else but I decided to keep the Ref 2's.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I compared my Omages to the RS-150s tonite, which have a similar driver configuration.

The Rockets had much better highs, and somewhat better mids and lows. They also were more refined, occasionally the Omage will hiccup and blow a tone... but only briefly.

I have the $70/pair Omage's now hooked up to my clock/radio/alarm setup in the bedroom, hooked up to a combo KOSS 5-inch subwoofer-Stereo Amp, and driven with around 12RMS a channel.

They look and sound INCREDIBLE for 70 bucks, and if you dont compare them side-by-side, you would swear they are just as good as anything in that small size , out there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Daman

for $70, you really can't go wrong with the Omages. sure they wouldn't satisfy me in my main system (i have $1500 ref 1's afterall) but they're absolutely perfect for a second system in a bedroom or in the office. that's where i have mine. what's more for $210 you can get two pairs plus the center, and that'll make a killer little HT system. add a decent sub and you're still under $500 including shipping. i used to own energy encores, and i can assure you that (in my opinion at least) the omages crush the energy's for a fraction of the price.

-gary

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm really intrigued by the Omage speakers... Did anyone try the Av24/AV25 towers? If the bookshelves are that good, I wonder how the towers would sound??? I just purchased Omage GR305 outdoor speakers for ~$50 (overstock at soundcity outlet) and am VERY impressed with them! They are no match to my NHT VT1.2s, but paired w/ a sub they were quite impressive for HT use.

·
Registered
75 Posts
a friend of my brother just bought the 25's. he's a poor college student, and he'd been looking at low-end polks & bose but when he heard my av21's he decided to try the omages. i haven't heard them yet but hopefully i'm going to stop over to his apartment next week and i'll post my thoughts after i do. according to my brother he's thrilled with them for the $300CDN that he paid.

-Gary

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oops...

well it never happend. It was a holiday for some people so it was canceled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.