AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wasn't there... I don't understand why they scheduled it monday to thursday... It would have made more sens to cover the weekend, but anyhow. Did a lot of you go? If so, heard/saw anything interesting? Got pics? Post'em here

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandarf /forum/post/0

So I wasn't there... I don't understand why they scheduled it monday to thursday... It would have made more sens to cover the weekend, but anyhow. Did a lot of you go? If so, heard/saw anything interesting? Got pics? Post'em here

CES is for the industry, so the weekend was irrelevant.

The Lyngdorf demo was stunning. The amps and speakers are first-rate, but the real star of the show is their digital room correction processor.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woa, first time I've heard of Lyngdorf, looking at their webpage, looks like really serious stuff! The MH-1 looks like it uses Scan Speak Revelator drivers... So yeah adding room correction... Damn... That should have been something

http://www.lyngdorf.com/ContentId/364/Default.aspx

I wasn't aware that CES was for the industry... Its still opened to public though no? Here we have FSI, but its targets consumers... I thought CES was the same...

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandarf /forum/post/0

Woa, first time I've heard of Lyngdorf, looking at their webpage, looks like really serious stuff! The MH-1 looks like it uses Scan Speak Revelator drivers... So yeah adding room correction... Damn... That should have been something

http://www.lyngdorf.com/ContentId/364/Default.aspx

I wasn't aware that CES was for the industry... Its still opened to public though no? Here we have FSI, but its targets consumers... I thought CES was the same...

We use many of the same drivers, including the Scan R-29 tweeter. It appears we will be the US distributor for Lyngdorf. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
44 Posts
CES is not open to the public . . . it's really only supposed to be open to wholesalers, buyers and other industry affiliates. New rules for this year was that you had to show your buisness card verifying that you are not just a guy there looking at all the cool new stuff (although that would have been me in a nutshell
- my father owns a computer company though, so it was cool . . . just had to print up a few buisness cards!)

As for it not being on a weekend, I do believe that this was the first year to have been that way- I know the last few years the last day of the show was on a Sunday. The big reason for the move was that a lot of the foreign company's refused to do buisness on the weekends (against religious beliefs) At least I'm 90% sure that was the reason . . . i know someone here will correct me if I am wrong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.