AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have, but one thing that needed to be answered perhaps separately is whether someone had actually gone ahead and done it. I'm assuming that the person who bought the bluray machine was dubbing from the JVC 30K, right? Here in Japan Hivi magazine showed pictures of 2 machines that dubbing worked. I was wondering if all machines are created equal and that the bluray recognized other D-VHS machines especially US based ones.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I don't understand why anybody would go the blu-ray road at this moment. Hard drives are cheaper than blue ray and video on demand from my PC is way cooler than me shuffling through my tape (disk in the blu-ray case) library trying to find a title to watch. The only reason I have a tape library is due to cost. On average tapes are 3x cheaper than hard drives. Once they get to the same price, it's bye-bye tape.

BTW, using the remote control that comes with MCE is way cool to play my hi def movies off of the hard disk. The ablity to suspend and wake up the system all with the remote is also a bonus. No keyboard or mouse is necessary for a fully functional video on demand system that's capable of 1080p movie reproduction.

Leszek

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Well, not everybody wants their TV viewing to go through an HTPC. I know I don't have the patience to deal with the headaches.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I agree with X. My brother in-law would want to borrow my hard drive

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well here's an opinion of what I have seen so far at the store: the quality of the program Sony used to show this system off is terrible. Grainy and doesn't look like Hi-Def to me. The movie I Spy they used was so terrible looking and definitely didn't look to be better than any laserdisc I own. I hope what I saw is not evidence of what this machine is capable of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.