AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... to being able to buy any type of programming directly from the producers/content owners over ip?

I've been playing with the idea of building my own HTPC b/c I like the idea of being able to rip all my dvds, music, photos, tv shows etc to one central server and sharing them out to media extenders. I've been holding off on it b/c I don't have a lot of funds, and I want to wait until I can plop in the DirecTV pci card that may or may not come into existence.

Anyway, I was starting to question why I'm waiting for that day to arrive b/c I actually hardly watch any TV anyway. I pretty much only watch Battlestar regularly, and everything else I get from Netflix. The big caveat is live sports, specifically NFL Sunday Ticket. So, I started to think about what I can get by either downloading (legally) tv shows, movies, etc... and there's quite a bit that's already available.

Any guesses on how long it'll be before I can just buy any TV show, or live sports game and just have it stream to my computer? Heck, it's pretty much already at the point where I can get everything I want outside of sports already...

Just wondering out loud (silently on a keyboard).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.