AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and it's not even worth exchanging it at the store for another one?

Ive' had my UN55B6000 for about a week and at first I didn't really notice the clouding/flashlighting in the corners and 2 other spots on the screen but now that I've watched a few movies, it's very noticeable and I keep staring at it. I love everything else about the TV and if that's the way it is, I can live with it, but if it's possible that an exchange for the same model may fix it...I would try to exchange it at Best Buy.

I'm reading a lot online on the issue and many sites seem to say that this is how all edge-lit LEDs TVs are, and especially all B6000/B7000s. I also read that a firmware upgrade could fix it, at least partially?

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...review-15.html

This isn't a picture of mine but it is very close to how my TV looks:

So...what's the bottom line on this? Is it worth the hassle of trying to exchange it? Could a firmware upgrade in the future fix it?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went through the whole thread on the B7100, etc and I noticed everyone has their backlight settings at a very low settings (3 or 4) while I have mine at 10. I've set it lower but I think it looks way to dim (the whole screen)...am I just used to seeing it super bright and need some adjustment time? Could this be why my flashlighting/clouding is so noticeable?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
10 is way too bright! I have mine at 6 which still allows the colors to pop while minimizing any imperfections that may be present. If I have any clouding, it's so minimal it's not noticable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts