AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried HDMI and just your standard monitor as well. Nothing. Just wanting to setup the BIOS at this point. Not sure what I have done wrong or what to do? I have everything hooked up. Help?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
What happens? Do fans cone and stay on? Do they cycle on and off? Have you gotten any video at all? Have you gotten into the bios at all? Are you using integrated video or discrete card? Are both the 24 pin connector and cpu power connector fully seated to where the side clip locks?

Give us more detail of what you've done and what has happened so far.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... im embarassed. I haven't plugged in the CPU power haha The mother board layout in the manual doesn't show a specific label for that... is it the ATX 12v Power Connecter?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
if you're still using the Z77 Extreme4-M and the Seasonic x-400, it appears your motherboard has an 8 pin ATX12V1 connector (some mobos only hav a 4 pin connector) and the psu has one modular cord with a 2x4 pin connector that may or may not click together but in any event, connect those two 4 pin connectors to the 8 pin plug on the side of the motherboard next to the black heatsink marked Z77 (item 4 on your schematic in the manual).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin  /t/1417057/so-i-built-it-now-i-can-get-no-display#post_22159190

Yes.

lol the most succinct answer is the correct answer! sorry. I got it up and running to set up the BIOS. I have to run into work in the morning to move windows ISO to my flash drive. but good otherwise! :p thanks A! haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts