AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, but all these posts sometimes read like stereo instructions [ok, good movie quote, but probably bad area to use it]. Man, I know C, assembler, java, and VB, not sure why I'm confused so easily by this.

I got trial of SageTV [buying soon], PVR-250, matrox 550, will be distributing via VGA to the 3 TVs around house.

I also have an old IPAQ 3635 w/80211b.

If I got this right, I can use:

Girder: To control SageTV via an "Export Group", which is probably g-speak for "all the programming/option sets/whatever to make Girder talk to SageTV.

NetRemote: To remotely control Girder from the bedroom TV, L/R TV, or F/R TV. This integration is an out-of-the-box thing, meaning I don't have to do anything heroic. Maybe some tweaks here/there.

This will be installed on a VAIO 2.6GHz/P4/512MB/XP Home which is dedicated to Audio & Video for the house, and even when SageTV is displaying it only takes up

·
Registered
575 Posts
Your right, theoretically.

I have posted a request on the SageTV site asking for help on using Girder with SageTV and Netremote. The stuff I have found using Girder has involved use of a remote control, not Netremote, so I am a bit confused as to how to get this done in the manner you describe.

Here's my post:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&threadid=1775

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I use netremote to control my HT, works flawlessly with girder.

OK, you have your head around girder do you? Well, essentially you have to install the internet event plugin in girder to allow requests from the PPC. If you have a girder group just go to learn event in girder and type in the name of the command. This name is the one you used in Netremote.

My explanation isnt great, I'm at work and dont have a bunch of time. If you want I can upload some screenshots tonight that'll make it all very clear.

Wes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.