AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically i'm graduating Air Force tech school soon and me and my wife need a TV for the house. I'm trying to get a 46'' led TV, apps and 3d capability are not a necessity but i can't find any without at least one of the 2. My main use of the TV will be Football and my wife's would be basic cable/hd channels and blu ray. I want the best picture quality, with the price range staying hopefully below $1000 dollars.

I found these 3 TV'S as a start:

Samsung UN46D6000

LG 47LE5400

Vizio XVT3D474SV

Sorry for not linking the URL but it won't allow me to post URL's since i haven't posted 3 times.

These all have apps and the last one has 3d capability but i don't these. I don't want to have these bump of the price if i can get a tv without them that have better picture quality that would be the best bet.

I appreciate all recommendations and advice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Here is Home Theater's review of that 46d6000. It has very accurate color, white point and grayscale tracking in movie mode, with minimum user tweaking. I can attest to it being a great looking set.

However, it does have some pretty tight viewing angles, and since its an edge lit LED, there is a bit of the "flash light" effect in the corners. If your going to be watching the set from a couch that is facing the tv directly (as most people do) angles won't be a problem, but that love seat or easy chair that doesn't sit in front of the set may be a problem.

Not enough to ruin the picture of this set though IMO, as its colors are excellent, the set can be extremely bright while holding detail, and the processing is great, the image looks stellar.

http://www.hometheater.com/content/s...0-led-lcd-hdtv

Ive seen the Vizio 3SV in action and it was a very impressive set. If the 4SV is anything like it, I would also consider that. Not sure about its out of the box performance though.

I am a recent plasma convert, I had nothing but Panasonic Plasmas in the past. Only recently have I felt sets like the 3 mentioned above rivaled plasma's picture quality. There are so many good sets to choose from today, that its almost hard to go wrong with a name brand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.