AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although not too troubled by the rainbows on an Infocus X1 projector, I need to know of my other options (under $2000.00 if possible). Is there a non-DLP projector with a picture quality "similar" to that of the Infocus X1 for less than $2000.00?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I originaly bought a X1 but saw the rainbows and returned it.

I now have the Panasonic PT-L200U. This is a great LCD projector for roughly the same price as the X1.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You could try a DLP with an HT wheel. The only one under $2,000 right now is the Sharp DT-200, but there seems to be two on the horizon (Optoma H30 and Infocus 4805). I see rainbows easily on 2x DLPs, but barely ever see them on 5x projectors. You have lots of choices in the LCD arena, though and can get native 16:9.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife saw rainbows (actually worse than "rainbows" I think - she could see the colours cycling at times...)

I am now getting the L300 and after seeing a demo of it I am now impatiently awaiting the day it will arrive.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I purchased the Infocus X1 from BestBuy.com. It has less that 1 hour of use on the bulb. I wonder if they'll take it back (without problems). I'm looking at the L300U instead. From the reviews, it seems to be very impressive. However, does it scale as well as the Infocus machine? Also, I'm having troubles locating it on the internet. Does anyone have a "preferred" vendor that I can purchase it from (best price). Thanks!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
BestBuy will accept a return on a X1 up to 30 days after purchase. I have done this myself. (And, this policy regarding projectors was relayed through the corporate website to me before I made the purchase).

NO PROBLEM!

Visual Apex MAY be the best (most reliable/reputable) vendor to buy the 300U from. There is a thread which is a week or two old on this specific subject.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
V.A.s "special pricing" was going to expire on 7/31 and 8/31 also. Don't panic. It wouldn't make sense for them to raise the price -- now that the AE500 (it's successor) has been announced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.