AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of TV's( a 10). Where would you guys rank the Panasonic 800U. Aslo what is this flicker problem that I have read on this board with the Pan. I am new to this so if someone can dumb it down for me I would greatly appreciate that. Thanks.

·
Registered
470 Posts
On a scale of 1 to 10, it seems the 800U would be between a 7.5 and an 8.

7.75?

Aw, heck... If the 9G Elite Kuro is a 10, then...

9G non-Elite: 9.5

8G Kuro: 9

12G Panny: 8.5

(As you can guess, I'm not being serious.)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
more like a b&b

less snootiness and better service--probably just as much enjoyment in its own way, depending on the company.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts
Given the maturity of FP display technology and with the current economic recession, IMO the era of the ultra expensive PDP is nearing its EOL .

Check out Vizio and Samsung LCD/PDPs.

If I wind up buying my 3rd FP display this year, most likely it will be from this tier of A/V manufacturers.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Vizio does not deserve nor has it earned to be in the top tier, or if you are saying Sammy is second tier then Vizio is third tier.(and I don't own a Sammy)

Either way, while Sammy and Panny offer good plasmas, they are noticeably behind Kuro's in performance.

-imo

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
having looked at vizio, pioneer, and samsung samsung and vizio are not in the same league IMHO. Im sure that people love their kuros but I have been consistently underwhelmed by them--ended up getting a 52 in sammy lcd and a 106" screen/ sonysxrd pj system for the cost of a 60"kuro!

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Then it worked out for you, but the unmatched even unrivaled contrast and black levels are amazing.

Then if you can really pony up you get ultimate color accuracy as well.(elite)

I do like PJ's
, but I personally hate LCD's to this point.(S&H/uniformity)

·
Banned
10,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denophile /forum/post/15531706

having looked at vizio, pioneer, and samsung samsung and vizio are not in the same league IMHO. Im sure that people love their kuros but I have been consistently underwhelmed by them--ended up getting a 52 in sammy lcd and a 106" screen/ sonysxrd pj system for the cost of a 60"kuro!

I was not implying that Vizio/Samsung are in the same league as Pioneer, my point is there is a BIG price difference between an $8000 versus a $2000 TV, for the minor improvements of the HD images the high priced displays can render.

On a side note: congratulations E-A-G-L-E-S.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
That is 'very' true, although I'm not sure why you use $8K and other high numbers that people just don't pay for their Pioneers.

Thanks on the congrats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts