AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 60-65" sub $4k it seems as if the 8500 is the one remaining option for those wanting reasonable priced picture quality.

OLEDs aren't big or cheap enough.

LCD/LEDs are well....LCD/LEDs .

Pannys are gone or what can be found is way overpriced.

Any alternatives one should be considering in 2014?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Seems like it yeah, I just bought an F8500 and now trying to determine if I can deal with incessant buzz when sitting front and center of the TV. Who makes a TV that you can't sit directly in front of? lol Silly Samsung.... Sadly if it's not the F8500 it's probably nothing for me, can't find anything else seems to meet my requirements atm now that Panasonic left. *sigh*

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
^^there's more to it than that. i sit dead center and mine is silent, unless i turn my head sideways, then i can hear quiet buzzing.

it if's that directional there should be a way to 'move' the hot spot away from where you're sitting. i don't believe it's coming directly from the screen straight to your ears. it's bouncing off the wall behind the tv and reflecting back into the room.

·
Registered
582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul  /t/1524530/so-is-this-as-good-as-it-gets-8500-for-2014#post_24536369

Seems like it yeah, I just bought an F8500 and now trying to determine if I can deal with incessant buzz when sitting front and center of the TV. Who makes a TV that you can't sit directly in front of? lol Silly Samsung.... Sadly if it's not the F8500 it's probably nothing for me, can't find anything else seems to meet my requirements atm now that Panasonic left. *sigh*

How many hours do you have on it? My buzz went away with time

·
Registered
628 Posts
I bought a 64F8500 a few weeks ago.

No buzz, no dead pixels.

The PDP is very nice and I am pleased with it.

I also own a PRO-150FD so I have some basis for comparison of high-end PDPs.

Unless you can afford a 77" LG OLED, I believe the 64F8500 is your next best option.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbo  /t/1524530/so-is-this-as-good-as-it-gets-8500-for-2014#post_24542415

How many hours do you have on it? My buzz went away with time
So far, almost 150 hours (been running break-in slides almost continuously since I got it and had issue). Also I think the 64" either doesn't have the issue or it's much much less pronounced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.