AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys I currently have a regular matte white screen of 1.0 gain and it looks good but the actual screen is messed up it wont roll up and it is starting to get wavy. I feel this is an excuse for me to pick up a screen with a higher gain.

THe projector is in my living room and it is mounted at a decent height. Here are the samples I have ordered and the ones I will think about purchasing.

da-lite video spectra

da-lite silver matte

da-lite high power

da-lite cinema vision

Elite Powergain

My projector is the acer k11 with 200 ansi lumens.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjimatt /forum/post/0

So guys I currently have a regular matte white screen of 1.0 gain and it looks good but the actual screen is messed up it wont roll up and it is starting to get wavy. I feel this is an excuse for me to pick up a screen with a higher gain.

THe projector is in my living room and it is mounted at a decent height. Here are the samples I have ordered and the ones I will think about purchasing.

da-lite video spectra

da-lite silver matte

da-lite high power

da-lite cinema vision

Elite Powergain

My projector is the acer k11 with 200 ansi lumens.

Skip reading everything and just order some 12 x 12 samples. You will know instantly when you can see them in your setup.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjimatt /forum/post/19571941

yeah I have already ordered all of them already im just waiting for them to come in. the only thing I am worried about is how does one see hotspotting from a 12x12 sample?

I would stretch a reflective dropcloth over the screen, go sit in your normal seat and note where the hotspots appear. Then take down the dropcloth and place the samples there.

Any reason that wouldn't work?

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
make sure to move samples around too. Don't just place them into the middle of the screen and leave it there. Put them high up, down low, all the way left/right too and walk around the room and sit/stand everywhere you might be looking at it from.

You can always get a buddie to order some samples as well, then you got 12x24 samples

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the Elite Powergain never came and they gave me the starbright 7 which was absolutely amazing. The only problem is that im not about to pay a starbright 7 price.

my projector is ceiling mounted so far the only samples I like are the starbright 7 and the da-lite high power.

Im pretty sure if I can find the da-lite high power for a good price ill go ahead and purchase this screen. I would really like the starbright 7 but its too expensive./

1 - 6 of 6 Posts