AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and it is the HK 254. I was looking at the Pioneer 1018 and the Denon 1909, but I hear the HK has great sound quality and should perform well with my JBLs. My only concern was the fact that it doesn't have all the power in the world, but I think it will be enough for me even though I won't be able to audition it before purchase. So is there any reason why I should wait on pulling the trigger?

·
Registered
94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david118383 /forum/post/14348132

and it is the HK 254. I was looking at the Pioneer 1018 and the Denon 1909, but I hear the HK has great sound quality and should perform well with my JBLs. My only concern was the fact that it doesn't have all the power in the world, but I think it will be enough for me even though I won't be able to audition it before purchase. So is there any reason why I should wait on pulling the trigger?

The new 254 looks very promising. However, I owned a 247 and it was incredibly "buggy." After 3 different units, I finally gave up. Good Luck.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Yes a big reason, so you can read more post from fans of each telling you that one is the choice, the only choice and if you don't go that way you're wrong

If you've made your decision go for it and don't worry about the power specs. If you've done research you'll know that different companies measure receivers in different ways. HK happens to be with all channels driven which is more realistic to real world performance. They are every bit as powerful-if not more than any receiver in their price range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts