Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) I will be able to use 2 component inputs

by breaking out rgb from the 15 pin dsub and the standard component input. can i switch between them with the remote?

2) there are 2 composite inputs rca and svideo . i can only use one,,, but if both are plugged in svideo takes presidence ?

3) wht the heck is CVBS ?

4) are there other options such as dvi for these slots?

5) where are the best places to buy this beast?

6) what mounts are available to mount this thing 45 degrees in the corner?

7) how does it look with a PC connected

8) Finally what is the reality of the differences between 1024 x 852 and 852 x 480?????? WIll I see it in normal HDTV viewing...

thank you from this plama newbie

Rick

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
rick -

6) haven't found anything but if you find something let me/us know. Actually the Peerless has an arm which extends and can tilt H&V, but it's $500.

8) the 1024x852 ALiS will look much better up close, but overall the 852x480 should be better. I think the 1024x852 will look better with HD, but others might disagree.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
You cannot just use a breakout cable on a VGA port and make it component. You need a transcoder. That said, some ports do allow both because they have transcoding built in. I don't know which way the Panasonic works, but Glauco Bruzzi will hopefully chime in here.

It will not be great with a PC if you want to use text-based stuff. Light surfing is fine, but that's about it. The ALiS models, however, won't help here.

Depends how far away you are. If you are close, you might like HD better on the ALiS set. If you are not close, I see no advantage.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
1) Yes.

2) Yup, With both cables connected S-Video disables composite.

4) Yes. Same optional cards available for the 42" and 50" fits the 37".

5) www.visualapex.com

8) The 37" has smaller pixels than the 42" ED Display (Same count).

Sitting at 7 feet the PQ will be as good as the HD display IMO.

And regular TV looks better on ED Displays.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so is this display actually considered an "HDTV" ?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rnengnr
so is this display actually considered an "HDTV" ?
No, its an EDTV. E meaning Extended, as the definition is not high enough to get an H for High, but its better than Standard definition.

There's lots of discussion about ED vs HD around here. The upshot is a lot of people can't see the difference, some can and some say that they should be able to. Its a lot to do with screen size and viewing distance.

It will accept and display HDTV signals (very nicely).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx btwyx ! trying now to decide on the 32 hitachi or the edtv panasonic..... the 32hdt20 should be at 2k next month...... so the size is now the issue.... do you know of any 37" hdtvs?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Why is the Hitachi going to be $2000 next month?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My buddy at the lqarge retailer says it is last years model 32hdt20. it shoudl come down to around 2100

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Glauco, yes, next year says Panasonic.

There should be a 37" ALiS 16:9 Hitachi sometime, somewhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.