AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why there are a number of different people of Ebay selling "freight damaged" screens. I am considering buying one as I just want the fabric. Anyone know the deal?

Thanks,

Ross

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ross

If you just want the fabric then just buy the fabric in the size you want, there are several places on the web, the cheapest I found was cousins video http://www.shopcousinsvideo.com/dalcutmat.html

most of the da-lite fabrics are available in the cut to size, the only thing I found incorrect on there site is that they are still listing the pearlescent fabric at a gain of 2.0 and it is now a gain of 1.5

I just purchased a piece 116 x 64 and made my own frame, when the fabric comes I'll stretch it over the frame and staple it, then build a velvet wrapped frame around that for a complete custom frame in the exact size I want. The best part is you'll save big bucks over a fixed wall screen.

Shawn

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. That is just what I am intenting to do. I am currently using a blackout cloth screen. I, like everyone else, am trying to weed out the weakest link in my system. While I am extremely happy with the blackout screen, I think that there will be noticable a difference with a screen made of the proper material. Thanks again.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I had read that a tornado hit the manufacturing location of DaLite in Indiana. Maybe a cause? cT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.