AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just managed to score an ECP3101 and a nice screen for pretty much nothing. Tell me about it. I have no documentation to go with it, and the only site I could find with info on it was in Dutch. It has one of them there auto convergence things that I kind of broke unloading it (just a plastic part that *should* be able to be glued back together). What things should I look out for on it. I have no idea how many hours are on the tubes, but I don't think that there are a lot. I also don't know about burn in on the tubes yet. I've also stumbeled across mods. Will I need to do any of these? I think that the manufacture date on this pj is Aug 1993, but I'm not positive. Can you also let me know what the best way to feed video to this thing would be? Currently, I only have the RGBHV connections. I know I can get cables to go from DB15 to RGBHV, but I don't know if that's the best way to do it. I'm not a complete HT newbie, but this is my first venture into the wonderful world of projectors. So, can you help a brutha out?

·
Premium Member
16,739 Posts
The 3101 was my first PJ, but then I got a good deal on a Marquee 8000 a couple of weeks later, so it's been woefully neglected since then, though it's still mounted on the ceiling in our basement to my wife's dismay...

I would start with a simple VGA(DB15) to RGBHV(5BNC) connector and run it from your PC. You can find them on ebay for

·
Premium Member
16,739 Posts
I agree.

You'd get more useful inputs if you titled it

"I just got an ECP 3101! Where do I start?!"

Plus, adding your city/state/country helps too (click Members Area on the menu at very top left of this screen, and choose Edit Profile)

And "Search" is a serious, useful tip. Google too.

-Clarence

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alrighty, I have updated my profile and attempted (and failed :p) to change the title. Here's what I have in regards to my screen. I have searched google to find info on this projector, which is how I got the Dutch(?) site with a little info on it. I have looked around here as well as doing a search. For whatever reason, I didn't come up with a whole lot of things other than mods and help questions. I have found some basic general projector information which I have dutifully printed out. I'm currently in the process of buying a house, so once I get moved in this projector will get the proper treatment. For right now, I'm trying to get everything in line so that I have all the info I need to get this up and running. But thanks for the helpful input. You'd think after spending so much time on techie sites I'd know better than to use non-descript thread titles :D

marco, the projector I have does not have s-video connections. I have two RGBHV connections and that's it, so it looks like I'll be waiting until the cable arrives. Thanks for the info, both here and in my screen thread :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.