AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi,

No, last time, three firmwares has been made with bugs and community was not really happy with all bugs and useless firmware (the last one).

WDTV don't need to make XX firmware if they don't test it at 100%.

I think, the next one will be interesting with bug correction and copy ...

It's more interesting to wait 4 months for a good firmware rather than xx bugged firmwares in x months.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Most firmware iterations availabale to forum members are pre-release firmwares, intended for the forum members to try them out, they are not released to the general public...they do contain bugs but you must remember they are not final i.e. not ready to be officially released...lucikly this would mean it's not over yet and it's either summer vacations or a serious attempt at finalazing a proper FW release...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Looking at the revealed pictures and specs of the WDTV 2, it seems not to be so differnet from WD TV 1, so any FW upgrades (playback related bug fixes and new features or GUI improvements) made to WD TV 2 not specifically associated with its particular hardware (LAN etc) can be applied to WDTV1....I strongly believe they are working in parallel for both WDTV1 and WDTV2 since most things can apply to both...hell they even look the same, according to pictures (assuming they are not fake)...

·
Registered
441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthegreat777 /forum/post/16989773

Yes but I have anime I must watch so they should skip their holidays >.>

Spoken like a true member of the Internet generation

1 - 9 of 9 Posts