AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Apart from some oversimplifications and minor errors, a decent intro to HT. They were obviously paid by Sony, since all the examples they give are of Sony products and they keep inserting little blurbs about them into the explanation.

Quote:
There are a wide range of audio/video receivers available. These receivers are often sold with all the speakers you need, as a complete home theater system. These systems run as low as $250 and as high as $1,500.
Receiver plus speakers can run up to $1500? I like that.

Quote:
Another system, the light-valve projector, combines CRTs and LCDs. These projectors use three CRTs and three LCD screens. They project the three LCD pictures on the screen, just like a CRT projector. By combining the two technologies, these units project a clearer picture than either CRT or LCD models. The drawback is that these units are much more expensive -- you can get a CRT or LCD projector for less than $2,000, but you can expect to pay $6,000 or more for a light-valve model.
What are they talking about?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I love that website. They have so much cool stuff on there. I've been following it for years. Pretty much, if you're anywhere close to interested in geeky/engineering type stuff, that's the place to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.