AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you have a nice bar in your theater / game room. What material did you use for your top - and why? Would you change anything if you were starting over?

Wood (plywood, planks, type?), granite, corian, tile, laminate, stainless steel, etc.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Granite... it's strong, durable, very attractive with many varieties. I also think it tends to look better than other 'solid surfaces'. More natural and organic.

I wouldn't change it at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was aving a 40th bday party and needed to finish my basement. I was always planning on doing a stained concrete top to match the floor, but I did not have time before the party. So I used some OSB as a temporary, for the party. I stained and put three coats of poly (left over from the floor) on top. That was over a year ago and many parties later. Everybody loves the bar and drink ledge and I did the whole area for about $10.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have a pic of a bartop/countertop using granite tiles (12" x 12" tiles)?

Thoughts on using granite tiles?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Granite tile is what I did:

MorePics

·
Registered
456 Posts
Copper .... Would have done a few things different but would still use the copper.

I like that not many people have it or have seen it and most people like it in person, In person it gives a 3 dimensional look after I made the swirls on it with a 2" circular wire brush.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonT /forum/post/15570468

rattruck51, that sounds interesting. Can you post a pic?

We ended up using granite for the same reasons as jamis.

ShannonT,

I did granite tiles on HT/Bar 1.0. I was going to try something "different". I would love to post lots of pics but have never done it before so I'm not sure how.
Could you PM me on how, and I would love to.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen Shot /forum/post/15573258

Steve, this looks great. I'm thinking of using the granite tiles with a traditional bar molding on the outsides.

Thanks. It was substantially cheaper that a a single slab of granite as well...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts