AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shopping for a new tv for the past few weeks, purchased and taken back tvs and Im just more over whelmed than ever at this point. I find something and thing "great thats one the one" then its either discontinued or not exactly what i was looking for.

My search started with trying out a panasonic VT, The picture was just ok IMO However the room its in has very large windows and lots of recessed lights so that may have been the problem, But it was only a 60" and from 12 foot trying to watch it really felt like I was straining my eyes. So I figured I would consider a bigger one. The problem is I just dont know what to get.

My budget is what ever it takes (with in reason)

I started by going after a sharp elite 70" , but apparently these have been discontinued, bestbuy tried to sell me a floor model for 6500 and Im just not sure about floor models.

The two im currently looking at are the sharp lc80844U. I know there is a new model But I would like full array if going LED. 80" is a little bigger than I think I need (was originally looking at a 70") but my concern is picture quality compared to a plasma or something else. Im worried I will get it home and all set up and the picture would be terrible (why I wanted an elite, saw one active and loved it)

Im also looking at the new samsung f8500 64" plasma. My concern with this is its size, IM worried it will be no different than the 60" panasonic.

I also was considering the Sony 65" 4k tv, again size is a concern and the fact that 4k is really not main stream right now it might be a waste of resources.

So my question is what large screen tv would you buy with your money right now that has an excellent picture for watching tv, playing games, and occasional blue ray movie watching?

·
Registered
167 Posts
It seems you are already well versed on what the options are. I would say you may need to look harder for an Elite. If money is there, look at the 4K LG 84" (or Sony) for picture quality, not just 4K.

Also, Value Electronics is holding thier anual flat panel shootout (they use what they feel are the best) in a couple of weeks and people are hoping the ZT60 will beat the mighty KURO. You can wait and see what they have to say.

It's tough to pick sometimes, Good luck (and welcome to the forum).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.