AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd /forum/post/19561252

Pretty ho-hum. Their Daily Shell Shocker deals are better.

Truly, nothing out of the ordinary there except for some memory maybe.

Same 2TB Seagate drive for the same price ($70), same sale.

Even their SS deals haven't been shockers over the last year or so.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking for a power supply, bluray drive (maybe), external hard drive, maybe some cheap motherboard processor combo, flash drives (saw 8gb for $10 but was hoping they might go 16gb for 10 or even 12 bucks) and a few other random things. Never saw a sale on any of that stuff on any site either day. There was a few but it went so fast it wasnt really there.

Pretty sad sales really not hardly any good prices.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogormask /forum/post/19562070

I was looking for a power supply, bluray drive (maybe), external hard drive, maybe some cheap motherboard processor combo, flash drives (saw 8gb for $10 but was hoping they might go 16gb for 10 or even 12 bucks) and a few other random things. Never saw a sale on any of that stuff on any site either day. There was a few but it went so fast it wasnt really there.

Pretty sad sales really not hardly any good prices.

Well, Newegg did have a Corsair PSU for $20 AR, and a (refurb) Core i7 board for $70. I guess Core i7 is overkill for HTPC but it was on sale and so were others.

Seemed like every store had a sale on external drives, 2TB externals were sold for $70 by Target, Amazon, Staples, OD & BB amongst others.

And the 2TB Seagate internal drive came up on many stores after Newegg posted their ad.

In fact, Tigerdirect changed theirs to $60 on Saturday morning (2 a.m. EST). I had just come home and was lucky to catch it. Got one and it was gone in a few hours.

Flash drives were about a $ a gig.

Newegg also had a 16GB uSD card for $9. I had it in my cart and couldn't checkout due to their overwhelmed site. Got sold out in under 7 mins.

The truly great online deals have become like B&M door-buster deals. You have to be at the right place, at the right time and in the front of the line. Even then I missed out on some deals.

But December should bring more deals, especially a couple of weeks before Christmas.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was looking at external drives but its hard to justify pulling the trigger because the numbers are all over the place. It seems 320gb for like $45 and 500gb for $50 and 1tb for 60 and 2 for like 80.

Anyone have a link to this site I saw posted a while ago that does like a meta search on a bunch of sites at once like newegg and can compare gb/$ costs on a variety of items such as SSDs for instance. I thought I bookmarked it but of course not lol.

I guess I just missed most of the deals. I noticed newegg seems to be swapping things out if you go through their ad its like new items posted frequently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts