Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question sez it all.

I think I read that the Samsung SIR-T200 tunes regular, analog NTSC OTA broadcast in addition to DTV, but it ain't out yet.

Anyone?

Thx

·
Registered
516 Posts
Actually "all of them" can't be right because we have a couple of Panasonic TUDST50 stb's that only tune to DTV channels and do not recognize analog channels.

------------------

George at WNDU

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
All of the latest batch with the advanced guide systems do analog, digital and DTV. That would be the Mitsubishi SR-HD400/500, Toshiba DST3000, Sony HD100 and Panasonic TU-HDS20 as well as the RCA DTC100. I probably missed something, but those are major brands. Samsung also has the SIR-T150 that is OTA digital and analog only.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
196 Posts
Add the Princeton HDT2000 to that list as a dual-mode tuner.

The Samsung SIR-T150 is an ATSC digital-only tuner - no analog.

Note that the Panasonic TU-HDS20 connects all OTA signals through one jack. While this provides convenience, the tuner will not recognize weak (but useable) DTV signals that are co-located with weak and very weak (unusable) analog TV signals.

The Sony SAT-HD100 uses two separate OTA/cable inputs and is thus able to ignore a weak co-located analog NTSC signal in favor of a weak DTV signal.

Keep that in mind if you want to chase and receive DTV signals over long reception paths.

KC

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
KC,

What about the RCA DTC100? Does it have separate analog and digital OTA antenna inputs like the Sony?

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

·
Registered
252 Posts
The RCA DTC-100 has two antenna inputs and one satellite input.

But the two antenna inputs (a and b) are identical,

either can be used for both analog and digital.

Or you can use one for an antenna, and the other for cable TV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.