Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TTT

Elvis, where the heck are you. Don't you want to meet?

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aren't you due for a vacation?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Wow! I almost missed this! I've spent very little time on the forum of late due to house issues (burst water line/flood, subsequent insurance and construction dealings and now we're even thinking of selling the house and moving to an oceanfront condo.)

Kei, I would love to meet you & any other DC'ers and AVS'ers. I won't be able to make the show, but will certainly consider leaving work early to make the party. Please keep me posted w/the details.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Elvis,

Really sorry to hear about your flood, we had one of those in the office, and it was pretty darn catastrophic, and our insurance company soaked us (actually, left us high and dry but that didn't sound appropriate). I feel for you.

The details for the get together is here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=305816

We'll have William Phelps there with a demo of calibrated vs. out of box JVC SX-21 and a list of great company. I've put you on the list, let me know if you'll be bringing your better half. ;)

Hope to see more HTPC enthusiasts there.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Sure wish I could be there (damn that pacific ;) ) especially as the HA is interesting me more and more (my HTPC has hardly evolved in months !!!) and seeing Williams efforts on the SX21 would be a treat...

Thats of course as well as finally getting to meet Kei and the Gang...

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Phreddy, Phreddy, Phreddy.... What's a little pond between old friends?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Thanks, Kei! So far it looks like the insurance company is going to take care of everything, so all I'll lose is a $1K deductible. And since we were eventually planning on remodeling the downstairs, it's nice that the insurance company will now help pay for that.

Looking forward to the party - I'll either be bringing my wife (who will be torn between not wanting to attend an HT event and not wanting to let me out of her site for an evening of drunken debauchery) or a friend from work who lurks in the forum but has yet to take the HTPC plunge (in spite of all my prodding and persuasiveness!) so please put me down for two.

I'll be very interested to see the PQ of the JVC - when we move to a condo, the wife says the CRT PJ has to go. (The good news is, she's not opposed to a big plasma set, but I'm having trouble convincing her that what we REALLY need is a 60" plasma for everyday TV watching and a D-ILA + screen for movies! :D)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.