AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's with Sony. Warhawk now this game. are they trying to get more people online for HOME.

Funny how it looks like they went with a mexican battlefield (GRAW/Vegas map)

pics

at least they're consistent with how many can be on at once though with them being online only. 32

Quote:
Support for up to 32 players is promised as is feature-packed clan support, including clan ladders, leaderboards, tournaments and more. One new feature will be the ability to customize the look of your character from head to toe, and clan leaders will actually be able to set up the basic uniform for their clan while members will be able to adjust certain segments to stand out while still staying in "uniform".
Quote:
We won't beat around the bush: Confrontation is going to be a downloadable game, just like the forthcoming Warhawk. But this new SOCOM will also be released on a Blu-ray disc in a traditional retail package. Sony isn't saying yet what that means for the scope of Confrontation's gameplay and content. They're also not saying if the two releases will happen simultaneously, but at least they've confirmed the game is being aimed at a "holiday" release window.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Thats a map from SOCOM 2.forget what its called,it`ll come to me.It`s been a while.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Online only? That blows. I hate playing online games because I feel like a one armed blind retard just walking onto a basketball court during a rap video shoot. I feel so alone, so small, incompetent. Do they have online single player mode?

·
Registered
241 Posts
i never played the single player stuff anyway, only to unlock the extra uniforms. i cant wait for this game. must buy. whoever said mouse/keyboard needs to realize that socom was designed around the dual shock 2, and to me this game feels natural using the controller.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Obviously Sony is trying to expand their online user base. They no doubt decided a good way to do this was to offer an online only version of their most popular online game, Socom.

·
Registered
709 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Red /forum/post/0

Online only? That blows.

SOCOM 2 was the best online game ever made.It`s great that it`s online only.More space for maps.SOCOM single player kinda blows,now I don`t have to worry about beating the single player several times to unlock stuff for multiplayer.Hope they include all the SOCOM 2 maps in this besides just Crossroads. can`t wait

p.s. SOCOM 3 and Combined Assault weren`t that great compared to SOCOM 2,that is a classic.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I own all three games for PS2, and the sad part; although fun this game is great online only if you play strategic. I hate, and I cant stress that enough, when all they do is GANG/BANG each other like a silly FPS game.

I swear, it gets retarted and pointless playing these games with some peeps that are triger happy. Its not a deathmatch type of game, it should be SEAL, SPECIAL COMMAND. Air, sea, and land.

Hopefully there are few that know how to play real.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The PSN needs a solid Counter Strike kind of game that is relatively low cost and has the "minute to learn, lifetime to master" aspect to it. Warhawk looks to have the frantic, full on battle BF1942-style games covered, now we need a smaller scale strategy game. Adding keyboard/mouse support would be a big plus for this game to me.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkker /forum/post/0

i never played the single player stuff anyway, only to unlock the extra uniforms. i cant wait for this game. must buy. whoever said mouse/keyboard needs to realize that socom was designed around the dual shock 2, and to me this game feels natural using the controller.

I still prefer mouse/keyboard for FPS.

·
Registered
529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Red /forum/post/0

Online only? That blows. I hate playing online games because I feel like a one armed blind retard just walking onto a basketball court during a rap video shoot. I feel so alone, so small, incompetent. Do they have online single player mode?

Ah, so you're the guy who played SOCOM single player...

I sunk probably about 300 hours into the first SOCOM, all told. 20 minutes of that was single player to get acquainted with the controls.

If this turns out to be any good, it just may be the game to get me to throw down for a PS3.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
after further review, SONY might be making a push at WoW or some other MMO...

I just hope neither game cost $60 to dl or buy the disc. I could care less about any kind of behind the scenes junk.

·
Registered
6 Posts
People are gonna buy ps3's just to have this game i know i am

·
Registered
241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtctt /forum/post/0

I still prefer mouse/keyboard for FPS.

you play socom in the first person mode? i always like the 3rd person view for the advantages it has. i could see your point for the 1st person view, i figured everyone used the 3rd person view more then the 1st. i still doubt mouse/keyboard support will happen though. unreal tournament 2007 is suppose to have it though, which might be more to your liking.

thanks

anthony

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
3rd view perspective allows the player with more surounding around their character, thus enabaling you to see much more than from First Person!

However, one advantage of the First Person Perspective is that it really brings you closer to the action.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.