AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently debating if I want to build an HTPC or not. One question that I would like to answer is about a DVD player feature. I would like to be able to have the picture shown at the top of the display. I have a 4:3 projector, but currently through the component inputs I can squash anamorphic DVDs up to the top rather than in the middle. This allows me to raise me screen a little and have it work just like a 16:9 screen.

So in other words do any of the software DVD players allow you to configure it to have just one black bar at the bottom rather than one on the top and bottom.

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
6 Posts
TheaterTek provides capabilities to manipulate the video output (size and position). Current releases of WinDVD, PowerDVD, and NVDVD do not provide the feature you are seeking.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Zoom Player is a front end for an existing software player, and will allow you to do what you want and more (much more).

Failing that, you can use YXY with any current software player and you can use that to move the software player around and resize etc.

Both programs are freeware and can be downloaded - use the search to find the necessary links.

Gary.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you want to use WinDVD then my proggie, WinDVD Tweaker can top-align the image, bottom-align, if you like. I now have an offset too, so you can enter say 2.35:1 as the video aspect and it will work out the size of the black bar so it really is top aligned...

http://3dgamer.tripod.com if you want to get the demo of the tweaker!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. Sounds like there are a few different options. Now I just have to come up with the money for the PC :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.