Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about to try my newly assembled HTPC for the first time

on a Sony 10HT projector. I've borrowed an ATI AIW 9700Pro

card from a friend to see how it works before I go and buy.

I am using PowerDVD 4.0 XP, and am wondering whether I'll have

any advantage of using a different software DVD player for my

purpose. I hear people using zoom player, theatertek etc.

Is this strictly a personal preference on the interface or will there

be a performance advantage of using such players ?

thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts
As I've read TT has a 7 day trial period of some sorts,although you pay in advance and ask for refund if its not what you want, you might want to confirm with them 1st and not rely on my heresay. PowerDvd and WinDvd both have trial versions which you could download. Check it out for yerself. let yer eyes be the judge as you are the primary viewer. I'm waiting for NvDvd, as it seems alot of beta testers are raving bout it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Me too Poch, I hear NvDVD is going to be something quite special.. Although I have both Win and Power, I prefer Power for NTSC and Win for PAL..

Mark

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
TT does do a 7 day refund, and it works. You just have to email them and ask for a refund. If you've asked for the unlock code, then you won't get a refund though.

I'm using PowerDVD 5, which on my system gives a less noisy but still detailed and very solid image compared to WinDVD up to version 4 (PDVD XP has same imgae quality as 5, but less gizmos). I've not seen later versions of WinDVD.

I occasionaly use the Sonic filters with Zoomplayer which give the same picture as TT (same filters), but it's more flexible. I can't see any difference between Sonic or PowerDVD myself, which is why I rarely use anything other than PDVD now.

Gary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.