AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I would like to be able to simply take a bunch of clips (such as in the form of .m2ts files) and create the AVCHD file structures around them (.bdmv, .clpi, etc) so I can xcopy and burn, and get a playable AVCHD disc. I don't want editing, transcoding, etc.

It seems like the software I am seeing all wants to do more than this -- transcode the video so it fits into some 'profile' etc. I'd like to avoid all of that.

Alternatively, does anyone know of any documentation for the internals of .bdmv, .clpi, etc files? Is that proprietary info that people have to pay a license fee to get?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
If they are true m2ts files then Ulead Movie Factory 6 Plus will allow you to burn a playable avchd disk complete with menus without re encoding as long as you set the project settings up the same as the project itself.

The downside is that you can not use it to create a complete folder on the HDD it will only BURN a disk. (You don't need to create a folder to the HDD but some people like to)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The closest I've found so far is Nero 8.

With the latest updates, it appears that creating an AVCHD disc with smart encoding turned on completely avoids any re-encoding. (Prior to getting the latest updates, I was finding that it wanted to re-encode some of my clips, and the resulting disc was glitchy and not consistently smooth -- looks like a bug was fixed somewhere.)

Still, I'd like some app that *only* was designed to create file structure around some set of .m2ts files. So far I cannot quite find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts