AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Still being reletively new to the world of HTPC, Im wondering what everyone is using for thier viewing pleasures. Im generally happy with my movie watching experience, but am wondering if Im missing something that could be even better? Maybe I havent discovered that thread yet, so I thought I'd ask here.

Im using DVDfab to rip my dvd's into my hard drives and using XBMC for windows to watch them. Ive already been thru Media Center, Media Browser, MyMovies, Boxee, and who knows what else...Im losing count, LOL

Anyway, my husband keeps asking if I can download something to the HTPC to watch internet media, like tv shows (old and new shows), maybe movies, concerts, whatever. Hes thinking that somethings coming up short if Im only watching ripped movies on the pc. Is there something I should be adding that Ive obviously missed?

So what does everyone use for internet media, movies, tv, concerts, whatever? Is there anything else Im missing thats free? Whats the best subscriptions? Maybe its some hardware that I can add to the pc to gain tv shows etc?

Please go into some detail and thanks for the direction in advance...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRealm /forum/post/19507532

Anyway, my husband keeps asking if I can download something to the HTPC to watch internet media, like tv shows (old and new shows), maybe movies, concerts, whatever. Hes thinking that somethings coming up short if Im only watching ripped movies on the pc. Is there something I should be adding that Ive obviously missed?

So what does everyone use for internet media, movies, tv, concerts, whatever? Is there anything else Im missing thats free? Whats the best subscriptions? Maybe its some hardware that I can add to the pc to gain tv shows etc?

Please go into some detail and thanks for the direction in advance...

If you have Windows 7, here's what you can get for FREE:

Internet TV

This internet TV plugin from MS has shows from CBS, whatever shows that CBS has on its website, are accessible through this interface.
Netflix Plugin

Obviously, you need a Netflix account for this. I don't have one currently but I have installed it on mine to wow friends or to use if anyone with an account comes over.
HULU Desktop

All networks, all shows available on HULU for free can be browsed with their version of a remote controlled program called HULU desktop.

Its a separate program however someone out there wrote a program to integrate this with 7MC.
HULU Desktop MC Integration

Of course install the HULU desktop first and then the integration plugin.

Also, there is a program called Macrotube to integrate YouTube in Media Center. It actually integrates three different services inside one interface.

I have installed all of the above in 4 different setups (all 32-bit Win7) and all of them have been working without any problems.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am using Windows 7 media Center as well (64-bit but I don't think that matters)

I have a similar setup to hirent with netflix, Hulu Desktop(and MC plugin).

But I really like the Internet TV. It also gives you easy access to CW network and PBS. But what I like best is you can search the Zune podcasts I just wish i could subscribe to the podcasts.

I have installed Media browser as well to subscribe to these podcasts and that has been working rather well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts