AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a canon hg20 camcorder and I want to burn 55gb of avchd video to dual layer dvds , in avchd format, for viewing on a bluray dvd player.

What is the simplest way to do this?

P.S. the canon software is useless

Here are my specs

Core i7 920

2 250gb hardrives

9gb ddr3 trichannel 1600mhz ram

8800gts 512 graphics card

Thank You

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Arcsofts Totalmedia Extreme is what came with my Hauppage capture device, and it works like a charm to burn AVHD discs.

http://www.arcsoft.com/estore/softwa...oductCode=TME2

Thats Totalmedia Extreme 2, or Amazon has the original for $70. Personally for the price of that software, I would just buy the capture device that comes with software, it

s cheaper, and the device is highly useful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by plissken99 /forum/post/18301698

Arcsofts Totalmedia Extreme is what came with my Hauppage capture device, and it works like a charm to burn AVHD discs.

Thats Totalmedia Extreme 2, or Amazon has the original for $70. Personally for the price of that software, I would just buy the capture device that comes with software, it

s cheaper, and the device is highly useful.

Will this work if I don't need to capture the video, if I already have it on my hard drive?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Yes, the capture video, and burn disc are different sections of the software. The device captures video and saves it to a file, the burn disc software selects the file and burns it to a disc.

BTW, if you go for the Totalextreme 2, I would spend the extra and get the Hauppage PVR for $199, it comes in very handy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.