1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
There are none planned.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yes, we were told in no uncertain terms that the 4K was not on the front burner for new updates. This actually makes sense - bear with me here - because DNNA has to move forward in order to attain viability as a company. To do that they had to either 1) redirect all of their resources toward making the 5K series reliable OR 2) make the 5K just a dead end branch on RTV's evolutionary family tree. They obviously decided that the 5K had more promise as a future platform than the 4K did and chose option #1. As it turned out they were going to have to disenfranchise one group or another and although the 4K was more reliable from the git-go the 5K's MPEG encoder, processor and larger RAM probably caused them see something neither you nor I can see.

Regardless of the fact that many of the current 4k users are ROYALLY pissed off because of this decision, it IS in our interest for DNNA to succeed as an entity.

If I can make a wishful prediction ...

Give DNNA a chance to get their 5500's out, working reliably and get some positive cashflow going. After they have a reliable current product and can redirect some resources, we just may see an update which would incorporate some of the nifty features that v5.0 brought to the 5K series.

No I'm not trying to get folks to stop moaning, just offering a different view of the situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.