AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a PVHS2000 off Ebay and when I tried to connect to Replay is said connection not authorized. Panasonic tells me that I have to send the unit to them for new software. Are there any better alternatives, especially if I'm interested in upgrading the hard drive?

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
This info was found at http://replayfaq.leavensfamily.com

the bible of Replaytv users

And if you do a search you will find this questionhas been asked before and has answers to your problem Good luck :)

Subject: My Panasonic Showstopper has an older version of software and won't update!

feartheturtle writes: I recently bought an unused PVHS2000 off Ebay only to find out that the sofware is out-of-date. When I tried to connect it said connection not authorized. Is there anything that I can do besides sending it back to Panasonic?

jleavens writes: Yes, if you're comfortable with computers and handling disk drives, you can fix this.

You can download fresh images of the ReplayTV drives with the most current version of the software for the Showstopper at these locations:

ftp://replaytv:[email protected]/ and
ftp://replay:[email protected]/

Using the proper drive software, you can write these images to your hard drive and have the most current version of the software. You can write them to the original drive, but as long as you have the Showstopper open, why not put in a larger drive and preserve your original in a safe bag?

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
A very helpful member here by the name of Mikeyboy maybe able to hook you up. PM or Email him and ask.

Also Ebay have a few people selling HD upgrades.

edit: use search keyword "Mikeyboy" to find one of his post and get his E-mail addy

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by feartheturtle
can you recommend a reputable company to put in a larger drive with updated software
You can buy a 120GB hard disk with Showstopper software pre-loaded for about $160 delivered from a couple of sellers on eBay, just do a search for ReplayTV. Plenty of references that way. Sending the Showstopper to have one added would be quite expensive with shipping both ways. The cheapest way is to just patch an image to a new drive if you are comfortable with doing that. If you buy a drive ready to go, that is very easy to install. Only have to remove a few screws and cables and then put the drive in the same place. I have the Samsung SV120H4 120GB drive in a Showstopper and it seems quieter and cooler than the original Quantum which was fine also.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.