AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do showstoppers still get software updates? I have a HS2000 and it still does not have the IR codes for the Samsung TS-160 which have been discussed in this forum.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
No, Showstoppers no longer receive software updates.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
You could sell your showstopper on eBay for around $300 and put that toward a 5xxx series, which does get updates.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
It is possible that some of the new features require a faster processor to perform. I sure would like to keep the same UI between my 2004 and my 4320.

Cheers

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would recommend selling the old unit and buying a 5000 series.

I was able to sell my upgraded Showstopper on Ebay for $440 and purchase a 5040 for $118 after rebate from Amazon.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Rocket,

While adding codes to the Panasonic, 3k and earlier series is a much more involved process, the SAMSUNG codes were recently released to the older boxes as well. They went to the 4k and later boxes first.

The IR codes don't require a software download. What software version does your Panasonic unit have?

Lyndon

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ReplayLyndon
Rocket,

While adding codes to the Panasonic, 3k and earlier series is a much more involved process, the SAMSUNG codes were recently released to the older boxes as well. They went to the 4k and later boxes first.

The IR codes don't require a software download. What software version does your Panasonic unit have?

Lyndon
I don't see Samsung as an option under satelite boxes.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Have you tried all the codes under "Other"?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
I've been watching for Samsung T160 codes for Showstoppers to pass onto my brother in law. According to http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...80#post1754980 7110, 7110A, 7111 and 7111A are Samsung codes for newer recorders. The closest code I see under "other" is 7008. What is the correct Samsung T160 code to choose for Showstoppers?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ReplayLyndon
Ok, i've verified the samsung codes aren't showing up properly. I'll see what the cause is.

Lyndon

Lyndon,

Any success if finding about the Samsung codes. I too have a Samsung TS160 and would love to be able to use my Showstopper....

It is almost a matter of life and death as I have two daughters that love Friends but usually have to miss for some reason... they have been giving me a hard time about getting this working...

Thanks,

Andy

:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.